Do you think that internet access will be an issue in Dubai? Definitely not. Dubai is greatly wired to offer internet services like wireless and broadband at every public place. Even Dubai Metro, shopping malls, beaches offer internet service through Wi-Fi UAE but in many areas, you will need a reliable internet service through a SIM card. There is a variety of easy to internet access services available which differ in connection method, price, and speed. So if you are new in Dubai, our guide to get internet access in Dubai will surely help you out.
Internet connection at home
If you want reliable internet access at home, it is essential to visit the provider office or visit the online service. Copy of residency visa and passport will be required along with an application form that is available online.
Free Wi-Fi by Etisalat
Etisalat does not offer free internet but its offers will let you avail free internet. You just need to activate data subscription package. If you do not have data subscription activated, users can still utilize Wi-Fi with Dh5 each day but with unlimited access.
- Do check your subscribed data package with Etisalat. Packages starting from 1 GB to 10GB offer free internet.
- The time of connectivity entirely depends on the package you use. All of the data subscribers using 1 GB to 4GB will get 5 hours of connectivity for free while subscribers using 10GB data package will get 30 hours of free connection.
- If you are in any hotspot location, Etisalat software will automatically take you to the browser to sign in with Etisalat details.
- Enter the received Pin to get connected.
- The automatic timer will check the connected hours of Wi-Fi so that you can use it accordingly.
Wi-Fi service with DU
It is the DU service that enabled the Wi-Fi UAE at public places including transport services such as bus, or metro stations. User can easily connect to the service even if you are not a DU subscriber.
- It is best to type the location and select the area to find the closest hotspot.
- Now turn on the WifI and open browser.
- If you are connecting for the first time, enter all the required details including gender, age, nationality, phone, and other information.
- Select free Wi-Fi from the options that include premium chargeable Wi-Fi.
- Connect to internet service by entering the pin number.
- Remember that free Wi-Fi offers free premium service for 5 minutes every time you will connect. If you move a lot, the connection will slow down.
Blocked content on the internet
Internet in Dubai is fast but all of the webpages must need to route through Emirates Proxy which limits the access to sites such as pornography, religiously offensive or government related sites. Social platforms like Skype, WhatsApp, Facetime or Snapchat are legalized to be used but still video and audio calling utility is blocked.
If you are in Dubai and searching for reliable internet at a reasonable rate, both of the Etisalat and DU connectivity plans will surely help you out.